How To Start Optimizing Your App Listings On iOS & Android
Mason Carter released this video
When your app is approved to run on the Google Play and iOS App Stores, that is a small victory within itself. But getting your app listed is only the beginning. And, of course, your app being listed offers no guarantee that it will be found by anyone. Every day, a few thousand apps are submitted (not all are approved). So suffice to say, the app stores are getting more and more competitive.
So it may feel hopeless that your app will get any visibility. But there is actually some things you can do to stand out immediately. And there are some things that will take a lot of work.
In this video I’d like to help you get started on your App Store Optimization (ASO)
App Store Optimization (ASO) doesn’t happen overnight and it takes a lot of user feedback. You’ll see what I mean in the video. But the sooner you can get started on this checklist I’m offering, the better.
I strongly encourage that you watch this video, but here are some of the topics I discuss:
1. What you should be thinking about when writing your app description. It’s all about the first few sentences.
2. What are the kinds of screenshots you should use to show your app?
3. How do ratings and reviews impact your listing?
4. How you can use a quick app localization strategy to give yourself a boost.
5. What is the most important ranking signal in app store search?
6. Coming up with a title that works for your app.
7. How do you come up with the right icon for your app to improve click through rate (CTR)?
8. How often should you update your app to protect your listing power?
Some of the ASO ranking factors are different for the Google Play and iOS App Stores. If you are listing your app or are struggling with your current listings, let me know in the comments either on this post or on our YouTube video!